1. the PC pools serve educational purposes (courses and self-study) and are not intended for private use. The PC pools are located in rooms S3|06 063, S3|06 069 and S3|10 106 and S3|21 1.
2. A personal user ID is required to use a computer in the PC pool. In principle, only students and employees of Department 18 are entitled to apply for a user ID. If it is necessary for teaching (e.g. internships) or research (e.g. Hiwis), registered employees may exceptionally register students of other departments. This user ID is for personal use only and may not be made available to a third person. The registration for this is done online.
3. Attention: accounts banned due to violations will be irrevocably deleted after 3 months if the owner does not request reactivation. Reactivation will take place no more than twice – with a simultaneous warning. After the 3rd violation, the user ID will be permanently deleted. If your account is suspended due to exceeded quota and you receive a warning, you have one week to fulfill/underrun the quota, otherwise you will receive another warning.
4. Current information such as opening hours or occupancy schedules are posted in front of the PC pool rooms.
5. Courses have priority over individual use. During the course, the pool is blocked for non-participants. Individual use of free computers during this time is not possible.
6. the tolerated work on the computers does not include:
- any modification of the hardware and the installed software, especially the installation and use of file sharing programs.
- any form of access to other people's accounts (use of password crack programs, use of other people's user IDs, self-created network connections, etc.)
- viewing, saving or distributing data of pornographic, racist, copyright infringing or terrorist content.
- any activity that damages the reputation of the university or its members.
- the use of gaming software.
7. No private or confidential data may be stored or processed on the computers of the PC-Pool. The administrators are therefore authorized to view the data on all data carriers locally and on the network if there is a suspicion of improper use of the PC pool.
8. Each session must be terminated by logging out of the system ('logout') to prevent third-party use of one's own user ID. Simply switching off the computers or pressing reset are not allowed.
The workplace must be left clean.
9. Bringing or consuming food and beverages as well as smoking in the PC pool room is not permitted. The furnishings and furniture of the PC pool are to be treated with care. Paper waste and other garbage are to be disposed of in the respective containers provided.
10. It is in the interest of every user to immediately inform the PC-Pool responsible of any damages and defects that have occurred (see notice board or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org-…).
11. Employees of the pool administration are authorized to give instructions in the pool rooms. Their instructions must be complied with. Upon request, the user must prove his or her authorization to use the pool by showing a valid personal or student ID (with matriculation number).
12. The pool rooms may be entered only by authorized users. These user rules are recognized by entering a pool room.
13. Liability of the operator / exclusion of liability
The operator does not guarantee that all system functions meet the requirements of the users and that all systems run without errors.
Furthermore, it cannot be guaranteed that the data available to it will remain intact and confidential (with regard to destruction, manipulation). The operator is not liable for lost or left objects of the users, as well as damages of any kind, which arise to the user from the use of the PC pool resources.