Analyzing the ability of smartwatches in predicting VO2max
Novel smartwatches can estimate users’ cardio fitness level and can thus predict VO2max, which is the maximum amount of oxygen your body can consume during exercise. Typically, VO2max is measured or tested in a laboratory setting, while wearing expensive masks. These masks are then used to record the oxygen consumption and carbon dioxide production while riding a bike. Recently, novel smartwatches introduced algorithms to predict the VO2max.
In this thesis, you should conduct a study to validate how accurate the smartwatches are in predicting the VO2max.
1. Literature research on related work
2. Evaluation with participants
3. Detailed analysis of results using statistical tests
The thesis can be written in German or English.
• Knowledge of statistical tests
• Experience in conducting evaluations with participants
• Basic knowledge on vital parameters
Vital parameters, Exergaming