How does music affect the player experience in virtual reality?
Different music genres and sound effects enhance the player's experience while playing games. Especially in VR- based games, that intend to convey the sense of “being” there in the virtual environment, music seems to be essential to create a more immersive experience.
Therefore, in this thesis, you should explore to which extent music affects player experience in VR.
In this thesis, a comprehensive participation evaluation should be conducted. Using the existing story-based VR game beVaiR, it should be analyzed how music affects the player experience.
- Literature research on related work
- Evaluation with participants
- Detailed analysis of results using statistical tests
The thesis can be written in German or English.
- Knowledge of statistical tests
- Experience in conducting evaluations with participants