Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. Dr. h.c. Andreas Binder
Electrical Energy Conversion
work +49 6151 16-24180
fax +49 6151 16-24183
Office: S3|10 315
Research Topics and Interests
- Permanent magnet-e-machines
- Bearing currents
- Drive technologies for hybrid and electric cars
- Drive systems for electric railways
- Magnetic suspension and magnetic bearings
- Generator systems e.g. for renewable energies
Academic Curriculum Vitae
since 1997 Head of the Institute of Electrical Energy Conversion, Technische Universität Darmstadt .
1989 – 1997 rejoined industry, leading groups for developing DC and inverter-fed AC motors and drives, at Siemens AG, Bad Neustadt and Erlangen, Germany.
1983 – 1989 joined the Institute of Electrical Machines and Drives, Technical University, Vienna, as researcher
1981 – 1983 worked at ELIN-Union AG, Vienna, on large synchronous generator design.