- BSc. ETiT, BSc iST, BSc MEC, BSc. Wi-ETiT, BSc CE, LA Physik/Mathematik
- Winter semester
- approximately 600-1000 students
- 3 semester hours per lecture, 2 semester hours per exercise (7 CP)
- Module number: 18-kn-1070
Units and Equations: Unit systems, equation writing. Basic definitions: Charge, current, voltage, resistance, energy and power. Currents and voltages in electrical circuits: Ohmic law, node and mesh equations, parallel and series connections, current and voltage measurement, linear and nonlinear elements, superposition method, star-deltatransformation, node and mesh analysis in linear circuits, controlled sources. AC systems: Time-dependent currents and voltages, steady-state mode sinusoidal currents and voltages in linear RLC-circuits, phasor diagrams, resonances in RLC circuits, AC power, locus diagrams, two-port networks, transformer, polyphase systems.
On successful completion of this module, students should be able to:
• to utilize the basic equations in electrical engineering,
• to determine the currents and voltages in linear and nonlinear circuits,
• to analyze DC and AC systems,
• to calculate simple filter and resonant circuits,
• to apply the complex calculation in electrical AC systems.
- Primäry literature (Script): Douglas C. Giancoli: Physik: Lehr- und Übungsbuch, 3. edition, Pearson Studium – Physik, 2009.
- Purcell, Edward M.: Elektrizität und Magnetismus, 4. edition Vieweg Verlag, 1989.
- Bergmann, Schaefer.: Lehrbuch der Experimentalphysik – Elektromagnetismus, Band 2, 9. edition, de Gruyter Verlag, 2006.