The course builds upon the lectures Measurement Technology and Sensor Technology.
- MSc. ETiT, MSc. MEC, MSc. MedTec, MSc. WI-ETiT
- Winter semester
- approximately 30-50 students
- 2 SWS lecture (3 CP)
- Module number: 18-kn-2050
The lecture gives an introduction in medical technology. Main aspects are imaging techniques applied measurement technology in the medical field.
The first part of the lecture contains the most important imaging techniques. These are:
- Conventional X-ray,
- X-ray computed tomography,
- Magnetic resonance imaging,
- Sonography (Ultrasound),
- Nuclear medicine techniques.
The second part contains the basics and applications of selected measurement technologies in the medical field. These topics are discussed from the medical background up to the electromechanical realization. Main aspects of the second part are:
- Acquisition of biosignals of the heart using electrocardiogramm (ECG), Electroencephalogram (EEG) and Electromyogram (EMG),
- Passive electric properties considering the bio-impedance measurement,
- Blood pressure and intracranial pressure measurement,
- Pulse measurement.
The third part is variable and contains selected topics of medical measurement technology, development of medical devices, visualizations methods and minimally invasive surgery methods like:
- Measurement of the respiratory function (Spirometry) and Ergometry,
- Measurement of the body temperature,
- Development of medical devices,
- Minimally invasive therapeutic methods,
- Virtual reality in the medical field.
After finishing this lecture the students are able to classify the discussed methods regarding their advantages/disadvantages and develop technical solutions for the discussed problems.
- Morneburg H.: Bildgebende Systeme für die medizinische Diagnostik, Publicis-MCD-Verlag 1995
- Farr R.F., Allisy-Roberts P.J.: Physics for medical imaging. W.B. Saunders, Great Britain 1998
- Webster J. G.: Medical Instrumentation. John Wiley, New York, 1998
- Lehmann H., Oberschelp W., Pelikan E., Repges R.: Bildverarbeitung für die Medizin. Springer Verlag 1997
- Schmidt R.F., Thews G.: Physiologie des Menschen. Springer Verlag 1983
- Blechschmidt-Trapp R., Kern, T.A.: Arbeitsunterlagen zur Vorlesung